Rule NO 17:- চির কালীন বাধ্য-বাধকতা বুঝালে must এর কোন পরিবর্তন হয় না।
- Di: The Man said to the boy, “You must obey your parents.”
- In: The man said to the boy that he must obey his parents.
- Di: The man said to me, “ you must say your prayer.”
- In: The man said to me that I must say my prayer.
- Di: The pious man said to us, “ we must love our God.”
- In: The pious man said to us that he must love his God.
Rule NO 18:- We দ্বারা সমগ্র মানবজাতি বুঝালে 1st person হওয়া সত্তেও Indifect narration এর সময় কোন পরিবর্তন হয় না।
- Di: The teacher said to us, “We are mortal.”
- In: The teacher said to us that we are mortal.
- Di: The man said, “ We are ready for wife, money, and house”
- In: The man said that we are ready for a wife, money, and house.
Rule NO 19:- Direct narration এ যদি বক্তা এবং স্রোতা proper noun হয় তাহলে যে proper noun টি যে ব্যাক্তির পরিবর্তে বসে তার নারমর প্রথম অক্ষরটি ব্রাকেটে লিখতে হয়।
- Di: Mohsin said to Nusiruddin, “I have done my duty.”
- In: Mohosin said to Nusiruddin that he (M) had done His (N) Uddin.
- Di: Samrat said to mahmude , “I shall marry you this year.”
- In: Samrat said to mahamuda that he (S) should marry her (m) the flowing year.
Rule NO 20:- Thank you যুক্ত direct narration কে indirect করার নিয়ম।
Structure: – Reporting verb এর sub+thank/thanded+Reporting verb এর object.
- Di: The girl said to me, “Thank you.”
- In: The girl thanked me.
- Di: I said to him, “Thank you very much.”
- In: I thanked him very much.
- Di: Ruby said to me, “Thank you very much.”
- In: Ruby thanked me very much.
Rul NO 3:- Reporting Verb টি যদি Present indefinite, present perfect and future indefinite tense এ হয় তাহলে reported speech এর কোন পরিবর্তন হয় না। শুধুমাত্র person এর পরিবর্তন হয়।
- Di: He says, “I have finished my work.”
- In: He says that he has finished his work.
- Di: The teacher says, “The boy will fail in the exams.”
- In: The teacher says that the boy will fail in the exams.
- Di: She has said, “I have done my duty.”
- In: She has said that she has done my duty.
- Di: The Teacher has said to us, “You are very feeble in geography.”
- In: Teacher has said to us that we are very feeble in geography.”
- Di: He will say,” I have written a letter to Rani.”
- In: He will say that he has written a letter to Rani.
- Di: I will say to him, “You are responsible for this.”
- In: I will say to him that he is responsible for this.
- Di: He says, “I wrote a letter to my lover every week.”
- In: He says that he wrote a letter to his lover every week.
- Di: He has said to us,” they have stolen his cows.”
- In: He has said to us that he has stolen his cows.
- Di: I have said to your father, “You have been wicked.”
- In: I have said to your father that you have been wicked.
- Di: I shall say to him, “You have been bad.”
- In: I shall say him that he has been bad.
Rule NO 4:- Reporting verb টি যদি past indefinite tense হয় তার purported speech টি যদি present indefinite tense হয় তাহলে reported speech টিকে past indefinite tense এ পরির্তন করতে হয়।
- 1 Di: He said, “I am ill.”
- In: He said that he was ill.
- Di: The girl said, “I love the boy very much.”
- In: The girl said that she loved the boy very much.
- Di: the teacher said, “the boy comes to college regularly.”
- In: The teacher said that the boy came to college regularly.
- Di: He said, “m voter cooks hot rice for me every morning.
- In: He said that his mother cooked hot rice for him every morning.
- Di: The boy said to me, “I want to marry you.”
- In: The boy said to me that he wanted to marry you.”